Monday, November 28, 2005

100 things about me

  1. My favourite colour is Red
  2. I was born in Montreal
  3. I was raised in Nelson BC by my mom
  4. My mom has been married twice
  5. My mom has been widowed twice
  6. My Dad is still alive
  7. My mom’s first husband and the first man that I saw to be my dad was gay… he died of Aids in 97
  8. I met my dad when I was 9
  9. I met Simon through a BBS
  10. I got married in 1999 at 21
  11. I wore my “Docs’’ sandals under my wedding dress
  12. He wasn’t my “style” but I fell in love with him instantly
  13. I never wanted to get married when I was younger
  14. I have never thought I could feel so comfortable with someone
  15. I hate when he is not home
  16. I have two amazing little boys
  17. I am Tandem nursing the boys and will nurse them until they self-wean
  18. I feel sorry for kids that have never been breastfed
  19. I was never breastfed because my mom needed to take meds and was told that she couldn’t breastfeed me
  20. I want to have 4 kids
  21. I am an only child
  22. I have a half brother and a step-brother
  23. I have always wondered what it was like to have a real sibling
  24. I have always wanted children
  25. I want to adopt
  26. I want to homeschool
  27. I want to have a hobby farm
  28. I would love to live in a communal setting
  29. I hate crowds
  30. As a child we lived in a house without electricity or a bathroom
  31. I also lived in a ‘62 ford Econoline
  32. I also lived in a tent for about 6 months
  33. I have attended 11 schools, 6 of them before grade 6
  34. I was in Foster care twice
  35. My mother is/was a drug addict/alcoholic (and denies it)
  36. My godmother used to shoplift meat by stuffing it into my coat
  37. I have a love/hate relationship with my mother
  38. I Have never had a ‘boys are yucky’ phase
  39. I took 3 years of figure skating
  40. I was in a choir for 4 years
  41. I was in Air Cadets for 6 years
  42. I was a officer for 2 years and taught drill and music
  43. I hate Cadets and military
  44. I played Trombone for 8 years
  45. I was in two plays in high school
  46. I did two musicals in College (Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar)
  47. I designed/drew a poster for a play in College
  48. I started College in Liberal Arts, I graduated in Creative Arts
  49. I went half way across the country to study Native Studies and stayed only one semester
  50. I graduated with a degree in Religion
  51. I learned Hebrew
  52. I am an Atheist
  53. I have never believed in a god
  54. I went to many different churches when I young
  55. I don’t know what I could do with my degree
  56. I love a good debate
  57. As a child I was addicted to Archie comics and Judy Bloom novels
  58. My favourite books are: The Pillars of the Earth, Wicked, Harry Potter, Narnia,
  59. My favourite kid books are: The Butterfly Ball & the Grasshopper’s Feast, No Kiss for Mother,
  60. My favourite movies: The Big Lobowski, Oh Brother where art thou?, Ghost World, Amadeus, Harold and Maude ( and well almost anything by Tim Burton)
  61. My Favourite music: Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Chris de Burgh,
  62. I don’t wear make up
  63. I don’t dye my hair
  64. I only have 2 pairs of pants that I wear for days at a time
  65. I only wear PJ’s at home
  66. I hate having things (socks and shoes)on my feet
  67. I get insulted if someone doesn’t take off their shoes coming into my house
  68. I always remember the smell of people's homes
  69. I have always wanted to write a book
  70. I have worked as a cashier, receptionist, office temp, at a vet, grocery store sample lady, portrait photographer.
  71. I am lazy
  72. I bake bread every 1-2 days
  73. I like window shopping
  74. I am very sensitive to scents
  75. I get offended if someone smokes close to me or my kids
  76. I am a Leo
  77. I was born in the year of the snake
  78. I once saw a Lion up close at a sad little Cliffside “zoo” in Monaco
  79. I have 2 tattoos : a sleeping lion cub on my ankle and a dove on my back
  80. I love to travel
  81. I have long strawberry-dirty blond hair & blue eyes
  82. I am not afraid of getting older
  83. I have two cats “Nelson” and “sparky”
  84. 15 year old Nelson pee’s everywhere but I can’t imagine “putting him down”
  85. I would start woodworking but don’t have money for tools
  86. I want to make toys
  87. I watch too much TV
  88. I love to sew
  89. I love to knit (Nelson peed on my last project though)
  90. I have Asthma
  91. I have had several operations: Tonsils and adenoids (removed), Appendicitis (removed), ruptured ovarian cysts, bleeding polyps in my gall bladder (removed) & a Spitz Nevus (Juvenile melanoma) on my cheek (removed)
  92. I was once attacked by an army of ants
  93. I was once attacked by bees (I had about a dozen stings)
  94. I once came face to face with a bear
  95. At 5 years old I persuaded a teenager to put me on his back while he dove off a 100 foot cliff into a swimming hole
  96. I almost drowned in a lake at 1 year old, after a friend of the family dove three times and finally found my foot and brought me to the surface I squeeled ‘encore!’ (more!)
  97. I don’t go to the doctor
  98. I am scared of Dentists
  99. I love staying at home
  100. I would like to have more friends IRL

5 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Fantastic list! You sure are an interesting person -- you should write that book!

11/29/2005 07:01:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun list! We have a few more things in common than I thought.

"#9 I met Simon through a BBS"

I met Sage online on Relay back in 1991. She came for a four day visit over the Thanksgiving holiday and hasn't left yet. We got married in April of 1992.

"#32 I also lived in a tent for about 6 months"

We lived in a tent (of sorts - a yurt, really) for about two years. I talk a bit about it here and a great deal about it in the yurt category of my blog.

But enough about me. I find it hugely ironic that you posted "# 71 I am lazy" right before "# 72 I bake bread every 1-2 days" Something tells me those are mutually exclusive.

11/29/2005 07:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for writing this list. We have lots in common. No big surprise there.

11/30/2005 04:14:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You've lived quite the life! Did your boys inherit your sense of adventure? It's rather funny that you're afraid of dentists but not of diving off a 100 ft. cliff.

11/30/2005 09:10:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In light of item #7, you have been added to www.oversampled.net. Please let me know if this is not okay with you. Otherwise, I'd love to have you on board.

12/01/2005 01:11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home