Tuesday, October 25, 2005

CLSC visit and other babywearing stuff...

I went to the CLSC today to give information of Babywearing to the Nurses Committee... It was cool... I was a bit nervous but they were a great bunch and really made me fell good about being there... It was fun cause they were all ears, full of questions and loved every minute of it..
every single one of the nurses there was completely in awe with the carriers... there wasn't even one that talked about anything negative... It was really great... All of the nurses are incolved with new moms on a daily basis so I really have my foot in the door now in the community...
I printed up some sheets on the Advantages of babywearing and gave them all a copy and I was even asked if they could pass along copies to moms so I know that I am going to get more calls soon..
What was really cool was that I told them of how I started babywearing, how much I love it and the primary reason that I want to share is because it is something that means so much to me... When one of the nurses asked where to buy them I then told them that I was the one that sells them in the region... and they all wanted to get my contact...
So each nurse is now armed with a buisness card, info on why mom's should wear their babies and with a basic knowledge of the different kids of carriers... (pouch, wrap, sling)

I was also asked last week about presenting babywearing to a group of soon-to-be new moms at the Carrefour on Thursday... and I met the nurse that I will be doing that with...

_____

On another note... I have been demonstrating with my Ellaroo and my Maya wrap lately... though I was only selling Maman Kangouroo stuff... However, so many moms love my ellaroo and my Maya wrap and asked about getting them...
A while back I got info about selling Ellaroo and finally got back in touch with the company... They now distribute a few Traditional carriers so I if I deal with them I can get my Maman Kangouroo wraps, slings and pouches, Maya wrap sling and pouch and Ellaroo wraps all from the same place from inside Quebec... so no border fees or exchange...
So I am now offering all three companies....

I am getting excited.... this is finally starting to really take off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home