Thursday, October 13, 2005

Colin slept through the night and other things....

The last two nights I have been away from the house... Tuesday was the Babywearing class, it went pretty well but there was only two people... They did bring their kids though and got to try on the slings and wraps and everything so that was fun... One mom bought a wrap right away, the other is going to call me if she needs one...
Yesterday I went to Isabelle's house and spent the day with her and the kids... it was nice... I always have fun when I go there and I just feel comfortable... There is no akward moments etc... just relaxing....
Last night I went to a volunteer meeting that happens about every six weeks... it is to touch base with the other volunteers, get the latest news and get suggestions for cases that we might need help on...
Both nights I left the kids with Simon and though Xavier still won't go to sleep until I am home Colin gets to sleep easily by just sitting on Simon... Before when this would happen, Colin would wake up at about 10-11 to nurse but lately he has been skipping that nursing session and that has even extended to nights that he hasn't been nursed to sleep it seems... Tuesday he woke up at about 2 am to nurse and then this morning at 5am (when Simon got up to go to work) Colin was still sleeping... Simon came to me and told me that Colin was still in his bed and it was 5am... I just looked at him and said 'Cool... that's why I'm leaking!'.... So Simon went to get Colin and brought him into our bed where he slept until about 6:30....
As much as I want this to last, I am going to miss having him in our bed... I like the arrangement that we have though that the kids start off in their own beds... I like falling asleep next to Simon and I like falling asleep with my breast tucked away... but I also love turning over in the middle of the night and feeling the soft skin of my boys...
Sleeping through the night can be a bitter-sweet moment....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home