Wednesday, August 10, 2005

And the times they are a changin'.....

I have always loved whole foods, I have always loved eating in a healthy manner but I have never acted on it 100% in my daily life...
I know that it is the best thing for me and my family so now I am giving up the convenience (well most of it) and going to make whole foods completely a part of our life and eating habits and I am starting today...
I no longer want the convienence foods in my house, I want to cook more from "scratch", I want to eat more grains and seeds, Eat more veggies and fruit, I want to cook mostly vegetarian meals (though I am not planning on becoming a vegetarian), I want to eat more fish, I want to eat less products with refined sugars etc...
Most of all... I want to improve my health, my well being, I want to teach my kids how to eat... and another motivation.... I also want to save money!

Tonights Menu...
Homemade Vege-Pate on Whole Grain Organic Bread and a Salad with a roasted Sesame dressing... Sounds yummy huh?!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea R said...

Mmmmm!

8/10/2005 07:09:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello~ I am Jennin. sometimes i visit your site. whenever i visit, i quite agree with your thought and i love it. what is better,I am the same age as you.
By the way,i'm on a diet too so i understand your stress and hardships. but you know what? Once you lose weight, it feels light, most of all, i'm pleased that i'm watching to change my body shape.i think your present look's good but if you lose weight a little, you'll be fantastic,i'm sure. So hang in there a little more!!
next time i'll give you my process and result of the losing weight.
I hope that you lose weight and your update news.!!! Take care...
from Jennin in SOUTH KOREA.

8/10/2005 09:55:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Since I've been on my diet, I've also been trying to eat a "better" quality of food. There are so many benefits to it, but the downside is it costs a frickin fortune to buy the stuff you need! I made homemade rice crispy treats (with puffed brown rice) and a batch of protein bars and it cost me about $30 for the raw ingredients (lots of dried fruits and nuts and other wholesome thingees).

P.S. After seeing where you are from, hopefully you didn't read far enough into my blog to see my rants against French/French Canadians...if you did, I meant those comments about all of them but you ;)

8/11/2005 05:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

I keep saying to myself, "I don't eat refined sugar." I'm trying to make it a reality.

8/24/2005 03:40:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home